LaQ consists of seven basic parts that each come in 12 colors.
- No.1 - a square-shaped base part. Each of its four sides can have a joint attached to it.
- No.2 - an equilateral-triangle-shaped base part. Each of its three sides can have a joint attached to it.
- No.3 - a simple straight joint that can connect any two bases together.
- No.4 - a straight joint longer than No.3. Useful when combining squares and triangles.
- No.5 - a joint that connects to bases by an angle of 120°. Often used, when making "round" objects.
- No.6 - a joint that connects to bases by an angle of 90°. Useful for making perpendicular things.
- No.7 - a joint that connects three bases in a T-like arrangement.